This forum is for members to post job openings in the environmental health field. Post a short description about the job and instructions on how to apply.
Alpha EMC is an Environmental, Energy, and Safety Company and we currently have a Stormwater Management/Business Development role open in the Crestview, FL area. It's a great position for those who are established in the construction/environmental field and thrives off business development and management.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Assistant Human Resources Manager
FEMA is Seeking Environmental Floodplain Specialists, Historic Preservation Specialists & Environmental Specialists
FEMA is seeking talented, experienced men and women for the role of Environmental Floodplain Specialist, Historic Preservation Specialist and Environmental Specialist within the Reservist Program. The positions are 2 year appointments in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis.
Environmental Floodplain Specialist
Primary Position Responsibilities
· Review and implement Executive Orders 11988: Floodplains and 11990: Wetlands, environmental and historic preservation laws, other executive orders, regulations, standards, policies, guidelines for FEMA funded activities, and the 8-step review process.
· Determine the applicable level of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review and prepare related documents.
· Serve as a technical specialist on floodplains and wetlands.
· Perform or oversee program administration work, such as technical project monitoring and evaluations, to meet environmental and historic preservation responsibilities.
· Analyze a wide range of environmental and floodplain, scientific, technical, management, engineering, socio-economic, and legal issues.
Join Our Mission
If interested, submit your resume to Femaemail@example.com and write “Environmental Floodplain Specialist” in the subject line.
A selection panel will review resumes of all eligible applicants. A review of resumes will be on-going. We will inform you when you are being reviewed and/or selected for an interview. For additional information about FEMA’s Reservist Program visit https://careers.fema.gov/reservists-program.
Historic Preservation Specialist
· Make recommendations to the supervisor on historic preservation policy and procedures, and program guidance and training information on historic preservation compliance issues.
· Develop and maintain liaison with State, Tribal, and Federal resource agencies, and private sector organizations, to coordinate compliance issues, disseminate technical information and maintain knowledge of government-wide programs and initiatives associated with implementation of historic preservation laws.
· Provide historic preservation compliance advice to FEMA and State Emergency Management personnel and serve as subject matter expertise for review of existing materials.
· Provide all assistance to the supervisor and staff on assignments in support of FEMA’s disaster programs.
If interested, submit your resume to Femafirstname.lastname@example.org and write “Historic Preservation Specialist” in the subject line.
· Review a wide range of environmental, scientific, technical, management, engineering, socio-economic, and legal issues for all FEMA's programs.
· Make recommendations to the JFO EHP Manager on environmental and historic preservation policy and procedures, and program guidance and training information on environmental/historic preservation compliance issues.
· Serve as project or technical monitor for FEMA task orders and Interagency Agreements addressing environmental/historic preservation compliance issues.
· Prepare and/or review studies, written reports, charts, graphs, maps, and other documentation that describes the technical methods and results of surveys of properties identified for environmental impact statements, environmental assessments, survey reports, and design memoranda. The preparation of documentation may concern items of archaeological, geological, and historical significance in relation to other environmental factors that are considered in selecting and recommending the most desirable plan of development.
If interested, submit your resume to Femaemail@example.com and write “Environmental Specialist” in the subject line.
Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Positions Available in Florida
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA to support survivors and first responders in communities all across the country. We are currently seeking talented and hard-working people to help support the hurricane response and recovery efforts in Florida.
· Fort Myers
· Floodplain Management
· Cost Analysis
· Civil Engineering
· Site Inspections
· Flood or Casualty Insurance
· Historic Preservation
· And more!
If you are interested in a position and a resident in one of the listed locations above, please email your resume to FEMA-Workforce-FL@Fema.dhs.gov and include your location the subject line. For more information, visit FEMA's Hurricane Workforce webpage.
Office of the Chief Component Human Capital Officer
We have two Environmental Specialist II positions and an Environmental Supervisor position open in beautiful Seminole County. Enjoy our trails, natural wonders, entertainment and great schools.
Division of Environmental Health
Florida Department of Health in Seminole County
Mailing Address: 400 W. Airport Blvd., Sanford, Fl. 32773
Physical Address: 1101 E. 1st Street, Sanford, Fl. 32771
DOH-Hillsborough Environmental Health has a unique opportunity available for the right person. We currently have a job opening posted for an OPS Environmental Health Specialist, who will be responsible for inspections of public swimming pools within Hillsborough County. This is a critical function within Environmental Health to prevent illnesses, injuries, and deaths of residents and visitors. This position, unlike our other inspector positions, does not require a college degree, but does require a minimum of one year of experience in the areas of commercial or public pool maintenance, construction, or inspection. Please see details in the People First listing attached.
Closing date is 2/8/2019.
Please pass this information along to anyone you know who may be interested and qualified.
DOH-Hillsborough Environmental Health, a GREAT place to work!
Eliot M. Gregos, MPH, RSEnvironmental ManagerFlorida Department of Health-Hillsborough County Environmental HealthPO Box 5135Tampa, FL 33675(813)307-8015, Ext. 5902FAX (813)272-7242