FEHA AEM Training July 31st-August 2nd 2019
Mission Inn Resort, Howey in the Hills, FL
2019 AEM Training Important Information
We are proud to announce registration is open for the 71st Annual FEHA AEM Training. You may click here to register for the AEM Training.
2019 AEM Keynote Speaker
Click here to download the FEHA Training Agenda. This agenda is tentative & is subject to change. It Definitely will be added to in the coming weeks. Check back often to see the updated agenda which will include educational sessions and networking events
Hotel reservations can be made by following these instructions:
***Please note: The hotel has waived the $16 daily resort fee but the computer will still show it on the reservation. This WILL NOT be charged to the room. FEHA will 100% guarantee that this fee will not be charged when you pay and it will not show up on the final bill.***
On Line Reservations
Here are the steps:
*Note that it will show $16.00 resort fee in template but this will not be charged.
FEHA CE Training – If you click on this when booking on line you will see this overview below:
7/29/2019 - 8/3/2019
Rates are per room per night based on single or double occupancy. Tax is additional. The resort automatically charges a nightly resort fee of $16.00+tax. This has been waived for our group. When booking online the computer will automatically add this fee to your booking. The resort will not charge that directly. A one night deposit will be charged at time of booking. A 72 hour notice of change or cancel is required to avoid penalty
Exhibitor & Sponsor Info
Exhibit booths & Sponsorship's are available for the FEHA AEM Training. You may download the exhibitor form here to view the available booth and sponsor packages. You can submit your application by mail or email and pay online through our web store by clicking here
Travel Justification for FEHA AEM Training
When requesting travel from the FDOH you may use this wording (Edit the words in blue):
Justification for Go Travel: EH
1. Benefit Summary: NAME is a POSITION for PROGRAM BUREAU whose position responsibilities include managing, analyzing, and interpreting environmental health data. His/her participation in the 2019 Florida Environmental Health Association (FEHA) Annual Educational Meeting & Training will support interaction with public health and environmental health professionals to share best practices and research findings. The conference includes training in SESSION TOPICS and NAME will have the opportunity to go to a variety of trainings, breakout sessions, keynotes, and other scheduled events facilitating state- and local-based epidemiology, environmental health, and public health surveillance. At the conclusion of this training NAME will be able to share relevant information with other staff members and departments.
2. Travel Grant or Statutory Requirement: Partial travel grants are awarded through FEHA based on availability.
3. Funding Source for this Travel: Partial funding is available through FEHA
4. Aligned with or support for which Agency Strategic Priority: This trip supports the following Agency Strategic Plan Priorities for the State of Florida: Long, Healthy Life and Effective Agency Process.
5. Is there an Equivalent Opportunity for this meeting in the state of Florida: N/A
6. Support for what part of the Agency or CHP Division Strategic Plan: This travel aligns with Agency Strategic Plan Goal 2.1: Increase life expectancy and Objective 4.1.5A: Peer reviewed research dissemination
7. Attendance at the Florida Environmental Health Association (FEHA) Annual Education Meeting & Training (AEM) is needed in order to train Department of Health employees to complete statutorily required duties as set forth in various State of Florida Statutes and Rules which includes but is not limited to: Section 64E-6 F.A.C., 64E-16 F.A.C, 64E-19 F.A.C, 64E-28 F.A.C., 64E-11 F.A.C, 64E-12 F.A.C., 64E-9 F.A.C, 64E-8 F.A.C and Section 381 of the Florida Statute.
Speakers & Abstract Submissions
If you are interested in developing a class for the 2019 FEHA AEM or would like to be a speaker at one of our sessions please visit our abstract submission page or contact Info@FEHA.org for more info.
FEHA is now taking applications for 2019 AEM Scholarships. Scholarship award recipients will be given admission to all classes and networking events with the exception of the CPO class and the RS Test.
FEHA is offering 2 levels of scholarships. Active Member and Student Member Scholarships.
You can access the applications here:
Please fill out the required form and email it to Info@FEHA.org
The deadline for turning in all applications is June 1st 2019.
If you are interested in applying for any of these Scholarships please email info@FEHA.org